Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amber & Mind Blenders

Sometimes on the weekend when I am engaged in meditative activities like laundry and house chores, my mind is like a blender mixing together different ideas and thoughts and quite often coming to exciting new conclusions (often then forgotten by Monday) or new resolutions.  Today, I made a smoothie from the different delicious fruits and yogurts and ice cubes that CRD served up over at Internals Plural.

I was thinking about what I would be like if I hadn't ever met some of my BFFs and also remembering how central Kate Bush, who might just become HUGE with the Twighlight fans any minute now when they Google "Wuthering Heights," was to many of my first conversations with CRD.  And if it wasn't for Kate, Jerry and I wouldn't have first bonded, and I would have never met his roommate, Kevin, who introduced me to Diana, or his friend Chuck's friend James.  And then who would I be?


And that made me think about how much of who I am, the quintessence not sparked by my BFFs and family, is all thanks to Kate.  After all, Kate defined pretty for me with leotards, beautiful sparkle eyes and red lips.

And where do you think my love of big hair came from?  When I want to be pretty, really, I want to be Kate.

And without Kate, I might not have pursued my dream and honed my skills in interpretive dance...and wouldn't the office be a less interpretive place without it?



And, aren't we, after all, what we eat?



Like a pomegranate, insides out, all is revealed: everything I am, Kate, is you, too.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Kate is great, it is certain.

I loves this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuLlwUaEyr0

CRD said...

You come walking into this room like you're walking into my life.

And what would I do without you?

ALH said...

Alison, the next time I see you in person, I will show you how I mastered the part of the dance where you sort of flail your hands in the air.

CRD, genius.

Kevin said...

That was a very philosophical smoothie. And surely this post deserves a "quintessence" tag.

ALH said...

Kevin, I am thankful to Kate Bush that you pointed out my tagging lapse. Also, I am thankful to Kate for your friendship.

ALH said...

Also, CRD: It wouldn't take me long to tell you how to find it. To tell you where we'll meet next Tuesday.
This little girl inside me is retreating to her favorite place, your couch for Awesome Club.