Thursday, October 29, 2009

Amber & Too Much Hulu

Try this for a deep, dark secret: the great Associate Publisher, Kevin?  He doesn't exist.  I invented him.


Follow: I always loved publishing, so I studied, and apprenticed, and put my name on an office.  But absolutely nobody knocked down my door.  A female circulation director seemed so... feminine.  So I invented a superior.  A decidedly tall superior.

Suddenly there were cases around the block. It was working like a charm... until the day he walked in, with his brown eyes and mysterious past.  And before I knew it, he assumed My Boss's identity.



Now I do the reporting, and he sits in on long management team conference calls.  It's a dangerous way to live, but as long as people buy the magazine, I can get the job done.  We never mix business with pleasure.  Well, almost never.


I don't even know his real name!

8 comments:

CRD said...

This is my favorite post anyone on earth has ever made, bar none. NONE.

Nick said...

It is a fine, fine post. But we need to find a detective to help us figure out why Kevin is making that face in the first photo. More to the point, how he is making it.

ALH said...

CRD, I made this post for you. I am glad you approve.

Amy said...

You need a "noir" tag.

Amy said...

You have a "noir" tag. You are good!

ALH said...

I should have made a REMINGTON STEELE tag.

Alison said...

Professional Colleagues.

That is all.

<3

Alison said...

BTW, there is a new Tiggy of the Wink and no post about it. Just sayin'.