Monday, October 19, 2009

Amber & Features

I get positive feedback about the features over there in the right-hand column of this here site. Amber & readers seem to look forward to updates to the Tiggy of the Wink, enjoy seeing how many people Googled "watermelon cats" this week in the Amber & Search Traffic feature, and, on a couple of occasions, use the Amber & Shopping List as a gift-giving guide (thanks to James for the Earl Grey and to Amy for the tea bells).
But, these features are fleeting. There's no way to know if I already featured my clogs as Shoe of the Week, no way to search the archives to learn about past featured Plants. Plus, as one fiesty reader pointed out, there's no way to leave comments about the features. What if, as an example, I mark a pair of shoes for the bin but a reader can make a strong case for keeping them? Or if someone wants them for themselves? (Size 7, folks.)

Hence, I hereby resolve to start introducing changes to the features in the blog content itself. I can give a little backstory on each feature and save the changes for all important posterity. I even created new tags for all of the items. (See below.)

I hope this will make you happy, dear readers. After all, without you, I am nothing.

3 comments:

Nick said...

I've never known a blog more responsive to its readers than Amber &!

Amy said...

I commend you.

Alison said...

And they say Bloggers are lazy and unreliable. Not so, say I!