Thursday, October 8, 2009

Amber & Sure Things

Today is world-famous blogger CRD's birthday. I am so honored to count such a famous journalist and proficient epicurean amongst the joys in my life.

Some little known facts about CRD in honor of his birthday? Sure. For starters, he was born on this day in the wilds of Africa and raised by a pack of elephants.

As a result, he often prefers to roam the desert shirtless, like his in situ family.


Sometimes, his naked elephant nature leads to naked bicycling while painted to remind himself of the African sky.Luckily, for us, Nick found CRD and brought him back to Barcelona civilization with him and his cousins, Kathleen and Grant.


From there, CRD went to London where he got a job as one of those guys who guards the palace, but it didn't last long since he always forgot to wear his uniform.
Nick then talked to his friend Matthew who got CRD a job at The New York Review of Books. Here we are in his cubicle on the day we met!

Some of his positive attributes include, but are not limited to, coming to visit you even when you live in the most godforesaken places.

Listening good when you are telling stories about your cats puking or boring work stuff that makes you angry.
He's a swell friend, as fine a specimen as anyone could ever want, and I love him.


I looooooove you (blink), CRD.

3 comments:

Alison said...

This is Birthday Journalism at its finest.

Happy birthday, CRD!

CRD said...

This is a delightful and wholly accurate post detailing my Origins and Present Affairs. I remember with fondness my elephantine family, my bare and muscled midriff, my Naked Bicycle Ride through Smallville, Kansas, and all the times I fell asleep with my eyse open while hearing about Gardening Exploits.

Happy Birthday to ME! (WINK)

Kevin said...

I celebrate CRD after 8:00 a.m. too!