Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Amber & Kate

Last night on the way back from the soup party (I was running late), Shuffle decided to play me two Kate Bush songs in a row, "Moments of Pleasure" and "The Morning Fog." I think these are arguably two of the prettiest songs ever. They're both about happy things, like laughing with friends over absolutely ridiculous things like saying, "don't talk to me like I'm listening to you," or singing "Closer" in the Broadway-style, or being excited about the Witch Mountain movie. There I was on the A train and Kate got me a little choked up on account of singing beautifully, reminding me of my youth, and making me appreciate all the special little moments... like watching this video.



Thanks, Kate, for being important to who I am. Listening to Hounds of Love in the early morning on headphones and my dual cassette player while petting Megan is my root story. Or at least it explains my love of interpretive dance, red lipstick, and my friends.

1 comment:

CRD said...

Just being alive, it can really hurt some times. These moments given are a gift from time.