Thursday, March 12, 2009

Amber & Shirlies, Surely?

Sure, I love Shirley Temple.


The tap dancing, the curls, the pout, the smile with the dimples. (Not so much the running for Congress on a platform of pro-Vietnam War-ness.)

But, did you know I also love Shirley MacLaine?


Not the belief that JFK was adbucted by aliens so much, but the early film career. I love her fresh ditziness in fun films like The Trouble with Harry, The Apartment, and Irma la Douce. Plus, she has the prettiest short hair and those big doe-eyes.

CRD thinks she's the poor man's Doris Day. I submit as evidence to the contrary the following.

3 comments:

CRD said...

Ooh! SCANDAL! I do think that boring movie with her and Dean Martin was a poor man's Doris Day movie, but I sure don't think SHE is the PM'sDD.

BLOG WAR!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that CRD clarified this position, because now I don't have to get all bent out of shape about the ludicrous contention that the wonderful (early-career) S.M. is the P.M.'s D.D. Crazy talk!

ALH said...

I wave the white flag of blog peace. I only said that because he made us stop watching that one movie and it made me sad. I wanted to know what happened. Plus, I did it to boost ratings.

Do you believe 76 people came to my blog after Googling "watermelon cats" since March 1? Who are these people?