Friday, March 13, 2009

Amber & Barfi

Jimmy and I reinstated our standing weekly lunch plan known as "James Lunch" or "Amber Lunch," depending on who you ask. We ate at Chinese Mirch near the office and had a nice lamby dish and a noodle thing. Both were quite delicious.

Afterward, James introduced me to an Indian candy known as "barfi." I kept telling James not to call it that, but it turns out that is its real name. Wikipedia explains why I love it: it's sweetened condensed milk in sold form with flavors. What's not to love?

We tried three flavors. We split a really tasty carrot barfi that was muy moist and delicately sweet. And then we had a chocolate barfi that was more dense and slightly fudge-like. And then we had one that was flavored with tumeric and cardamom. This had a very odd name.

I didn't know CRD's boss was a Indian cook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see you snap a picture of the Barfi case!

Anonymous said...

Is it like caramel kind of? That sounds really good. Where do you get?