Monday, December 7, 2009

Amber & Fancy Dress

I am all in my fancy dress today, mostly in the American sense but also a little bit in the British sense since my costume is someone who dresses up.  Really, what constitutes fancy for me centers around three main elements which I will outline herewith.

1.  Princess Eyes


You probably can't tell at all, but I am wearing mascara and eye shadow in order to create a princess-like sparkly-ness around my eye area (not to be confused with Sparkle Eyes from that Goats movie).  I went with shades of a coppery-pink today instead of my usual purplpe princess look so they would match my shoes (discussed in depth below).  It's really important, when displaying princess eyes, to open your mouth and stick out your tongue a little-- you know like a princess.

2.  Giant Earrings
When asked to name one adjective to describe my earrings (seen above), Nick described them as "hoopy."  So, true.    My personal choice has been, in the past, HUGE.

3.  Kitten Heel Shoes with Copper Roses

See those little roses?  They totally match my eyes, which I am sure everyone at tonight's event will notice.  My favorite thing about these shoes is not that they have two straps or the fact that kitten heels remind me of kittens, but rather the purple racing stripe on the back of the heel.

Vrooom!  Meow!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm having a fancy dress party with my cat tonight, but for me that means pajamas and for her it means naked w/fur. We have our own definitions of fancy.

Have fun!

ALH said...

You *could* add Princess Eyes, Alison. I'm sure your cat would appreciate it.

Alison said...

I have my own version of Princess Eyes. She's a mopey Princess who listen to a lot of Joy Division and The Cure.