Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Amber & Supplies

I just made a supply run to Saint Jesus Pharmacy.


I bought tissues (I ran out yesterday), T.P. (I ran out today after it had to play double duty after the tissues ran out), trash bags (I need somewhere to put all the used tissues), lady stuff, generic decongestants (ran out this morning), a heavy moisturizer for my super-sore under-nose, and Sambucol.  Even though I am a bit worried my friend Sambucol hasn't really been working this time around, I want to believe I would be that much worse without it.  It's made from black elderberries--how could it not be good for me?

I also got  some Scrubbing Bubbles tub cleaner.  (I'm sorry Al Gore.)  I really want to take a spruce bath but my tub hasn't been cleaned in quite a while.  I normally use baking soda and vinegar, but I'm just too pooped to provide the catalyst of muscle power.  I've seen those commercials where the bubbles do all the work.  I promise to re-use my cardboard coffee sleeves for all of 2010 to make up for this grievous environmental sin.

And, I stopped at Floridita Bakery for a cafe con leche alto, sin azucar y la rocali.

I discovered this authentic cuban baked treat when Floridita first opened, but was very sad to learn, from the baker, that "rocali" really just means "rugelach" in espanish.  Still, I think I taste some cuban flavor.  And it's also huge.

Mission: Achieved.  My nose is super grateful for the tissues.  And my belly is happy for the rocali.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I love rugelach!

But then...I'm a Jew.