Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Amber & Neck(lace)ing

I like jewelry.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I like rings and necklaces, mostly.  In both, I have a dual loyalty to two designers who have similar sort of products.

First, there is Small Things Designs. I have a few of her pieces from the "originals" series-- a lotus flower on a black background large ring and a swallow on a red background as a necklace.  A bonusly joyous thing is that when Amy Bee got married, she gave her bridal party necklaces from this designer, with whom she became acquainted when I gave her the two flying bird necklace one Christmas.  So, wearing my necklace and/or ring (but never both at the same time) makes me think of Amy Bee, whom I love.

The other jewelry studio I really like is Blend Creations.  Very similar concept: you pick a shape and then a thing to go in that shape, but the things you can pick are pretty papers or natural textures or mah jong tiles. My Halloween Haiku won a Facecontest and so I just got this beautiful piece in the mail.


It's a purple washi floral pattern.  I think it's lovely. Happy New Year, Neck!

4 comments:

aklb said...

Love you.

Jimmi said...

you won contest?! Super scoopy!

ALH said...

I placed in the top ten. Not at the top of the top ten, but still in the winning ten.

Alison said...

Ooh, pretties! I like jewelry too, and agree that there is nothing wrong with that.

I am a fan of this lady's stuff - http://www.etsy.com/shop/leapinglizards - she makes pendants and other things with pretty phrases or cute polka-dots or other good things, and she will do custom stuff too. I haz a necklace of hers and she was very nice.