Sunday, December 20, 2009

Amber & The Sunday News


So, it snowed.  Those people who say things about weather said it was going to, and it really did.


The prediction was for between 4 and 18 inches-- allowing for a pretty ridiculously wide margin of error, proving that meteorology is not a real science (like dentistry and veterinary medicine and especially veterinary dentistry).  They hit the mark here at the top of Manhattan; the National Weather Service reported 6 inches just to my north in Inwood.  Sure looks about right.

In the quest for wet food for Woody, I ventured out early enough to bring back some virgin snow from the railing for kitties to play with.


I brought it in and put it on a baking sheet on the floor.  The big cats were uninterested, but the little guys sniffed and swatted and licked and had crazy head.  I even threw a snowball at Pickles!  (He fell over trying to bite it off his own head.)

I like the snow.  It's super grounding and pretty.  It makes me smile at strangers.  It also gives me a chance to amortize the value of my Wisconsin boots.

With my booted feet and purple puff coat, all I needed was the red flag to help me cross the street and it would be just like Wisconsin.  Except better.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I have seen so many snow comments on Twitter and am jealous, even though I know some people out there would slap me for that.

I can haz snowball fights?

Also, allow me to be the jerk who points out the new Tiggy of the Wink for which there is no new post. Just sayin'.