Monday, December 21, 2009

Amber & Tiggy's Spirit Animal


Everybody knows that Tiggy's Spirit Animal is a hedge pig, and not just because of her namesake.


Her coloring is totally hedgie, and she has that sensitive pink underbelly.  She has dainty little feet and a tiny cold nose.  And, people think she's a little prickly when they first meet her, but she's really just shy and needs to protect her belly.  Just like a hedgie.


And, she does sort of stand in her bowl just like a hedgie.  But that may be more about keeping the brothers away from her grub.

All this reminds me: remember Spud, the hedgie who had no spines?  Kevin discovered that Daily Mail reported back in July that Spud was recovering well thanks to the care of the folks at Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital.  And they included this photo to prove it.


The little guy looks more like his cousin Tiggy re-spined.  I sure love Tiggy and her all her spirit and Spirit Animals.

6 comments:

Alison said...

I very much appreciate your attention to the lacking in Tiggy of the Wink post.

Also, that hedgie in his food bowl rules. I wants it.

Jimmi said...

This hedgepig story is much more interesting than all this Tiger Woods junk.

ALH said...

There's a shot of Spud taking a bath on the Tiggywinkles site:

http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/spud.html

ALH said...

And I forgot to link to the article on his recovery http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199477/Meet-Spud-bald-hedgehog-spines-making-dramatic-comeback.html

Amy said...

I have not even read the post. I just had to tell you the title and first photo cracked me up. I love your cats.

ALH said...

I love you, Amy.