Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Amber & Appreciating Old Guys

This article made me appreciate Woody for what he is: an old guy.


(Amazing photo by who else?  James)

He may not be able to jump into the armoir anymore or drink from my hands on the edge of the sink.  He may be a bit crankier when he gets woken from a nap.  And, he may not bother to get up and chase the fleece wand with his baby brothers.  But he still really enjoys his naps in the sun, and he likes to wrestle with socks while I am getting dressed, and he purrs super loud during belly rubs. And no one is there faster when I shake the can of treats.  He can still do the things he loves, and that's what matters.  So, rather than being sad that my little guy isn't so young anymore, I am happy that he is happy.

1 comment:

CRD said...

That story choked me up. You are like the people that take their animal to the vet for Dented Skull Tests. Animals.