Friday, December 11, 2009

Amber & Turning and Facing the Strange (Changes)

When you are enmeshed in your own drama, you seldom think that the rest of the world is undergoing its own changes and challenges. But then, your own controversy subsides, or your flank feels a little less ouchy, and you venture out into the world and discover that the universe waits for no Amber.

Imagine my surprise when I came into the office today to discover we had a bike rack!



That's my bike, the second one in from the right, suspended there.  Some of those other bikes belong to Hope, our former officemate, and I have no idea whose the fourth one is.  How organized and space-saving.  Why, I can actually get to the window now without playing one of those parking puzzle games.

Much of the box clutter has disappeared from the corners as well.  The coat rack has been moved to a new convenient location near the door.  I'm not sure who is responsible for this flurry of restructuring and organizing, but I bet it was Kevin.  But maybe with help from Emma the Architect, seen here with her world-rocking graph paper.



One thing that has not gone away, though is this fascinating and mysterious handbag.



The handle is made from pink ribbon, but the bag itself is made of-- brace yourself-- white, uninflated balloons.  For a long time, when it was hanging from the coat rack, I thought it was a bathing cap.  But now that I know it's a handbag, I am kind of in love with it.  But maybe that's just the flank pain clouding my fashion judgment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No, no clouding. It is a truly wonderful handbag.