Sunday, November 8, 2009

Amber & Goats

This is a blog post about The Men Who Stare At Goats, the book versus the movie.  In the movie, there was no Uri Gelle, but there was a George Clooney.

I had read the book, which was a gift from CRD, and had been riveted by its recounting of our government's research into creating psychic spy Jedi warrior soldiers.  They did a fair job adapting an investigative report into a cinematic narrative and there were lots of Sparkle Eyes, the psychic weapon I utilize most often.  I like goats, and I want to believe that we could prevent war by carrying flowers and walking through walls.

Did I mention the movie had George Clooney in it?  He is second in my daydreams only to Cary Grant.  Like Cary, George just gets more and more.  And more.  I would pay to just watch him breathe.


I even like him with the gray beard scruff.  They should make a sequel called The Ambers Who Stare at George Clooney.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, I am with you there. I will change my name to Amber and star in that sequel with you. It is sort of amazing how much better looking he seems to get as he ages. And of course, maddening since that's not usually the case with us ladies.

Amy said...

I had NO IDEA GC was your celebrity crush of modern day. Wow! The things I learn on Amber&.