Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Amber & Fashion Plates

I think Fashion Plates had a negative impact on my ability to get dressed quickly in the morning.  My process of Outfit Selection now is much like it was when I played Fashion Plates.  I have to select top and a bottom, and then color and texture for those components, and then I also have to choose a head and feet.  It can take a long time.

Tonight, I get to volunteer at this scoopy event, which necesitated extra special outfit selection.  I went sort of post-Halloween/autumnal/signature style.


See?  My orange sweater matches the feet I selected for the outfit and also a little bit the head.  And for my head, I also chose giant earrings, which maybe you can't see so clearly in this shot.  I only wish I had used a little less cat hair texture on my sweater.

Kevin is also dressed for the event.  He is wearing a flannel shirt and woolen trouser.  We are going to be the best name-tag hander-outers ever.

So, thank you, Fashion Plates, for teaching me good outfit assembly skills.  But also, I am sorry people who have to wait for me to get ready to go places.

2 comments:

CRD said...

Hee hee. You said "Top" and "Bottom."

Alison said...

I'm pretty sure you and Kevin and your outfits will be the most-remembered part of this evening.