Monday, November 16, 2009

Amber & News Flash: Sets

I've been to the near-future.  David shared one of his Google Wave invitations with me, and so he and I and Amy have been in the year 2013 learning about what online communication will be like.



In the future, people play a game involving the mathematical principle of sets called "sodoku."  The object is to complete each row and each 3 x 3 square within the grid with the unique members of the numerical set from 1 to 9.  Having been to the future, I can tell you this game is going to be very addictive.  I stayed up past my bedtime last night (but last night in the future) dealing with a grid with just not enough 3's or 8's.  I predict (and we know how I am on the cutting edge of things) that people will play these games on paper or their iPhones on the train, in doctor's offices, and online.


Better than those games where you shoot at stuff, right?  And maybe even good for your brain?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I got a Google Wave invite and signed up...and I really don't understand it at all. I feel like such an old person or something. It made no sense, plus...it is apparently too much for my crap computer to handle, because it took FOREVER for all the stuff to load.

So...I'll just stay here in the present while everyone jets off to fun wavy conversations in the future.

Unknown said...

It was really fun going to the future with you, Amber.