Friday, July 10, 2009

Amber & Birthday Sister

My sister, Candice, is a super person. I am incredibly proud of how kind, funny, and spirited she is. When she was a little gal, she was also the most adorable baby.


Can you believe those picture-perfect eyes? She grew up way too fast and, before I knew it, was graduating from college.

A little known fact about Candice is that she majored in Pirate Studies. Here she is after having landed her first job on board a ship.


The pirate life isn't all stealing booty. Here she is during some down time with her co-pirate, Gina Of The High Seas.


And, of course, pirates spend a good amount of time on land. Here she is exploring fierce jungle with her special pirate friend, Bernardo.


I am sure glad she has someone special who appreciates how beautiful she is, both on the insides and her Pirate Outside, too.


Here she is winning a pirate trophy.

She took first place in the Plank Walking competition. But, the great thing about Candice is that, despite all of her hijinx as a Pirate, she is still incredibly sweet. I remember how good she was with Woody when he was having an asthma attack as as an example.

I love Candice. She is a super important person in my life.

P.S. A special birthday ball of love for Amy, with whom my sister shares this special day. Like Candice, Amy is beautiful on both sides, both in and out, and I am super glad to know her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I have been lucky for 28 years to have a wonderful big sister! Who has loved me and supported me through my entire life. She has been a HUGE part of the make up of my life. She has given me wonderful memories and advice along the way, I know I always have her to turn to for whatever reason. I love you sis!!!

Amy said...

Thanks peaches. What a wonderful surprise. You're the best, love. I enjoyed my business phone message, too. xoxoxoxo