Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Amber & the River House

I am really looking forward to going to the River House. I am eager for the relaxation and nature and cool breezes and swimming and making trays and views upriver.


I don't seem to have any photos from my last trip there in 2007. But, I do have this one of Jimmy resting in the hammock from 2004, the summer before I moved to Madison, Wisconsin.


And I have this one of Woody exploring the deck (and wearing a smart-looking collar that says, "REWARD" and my phone number).


And here is Tiggy exploring the ledge behind the house.


I think that was right before she jumped up onto the roof and walked over the high edge and I had to go up after her and nearly died of fear.

But, that's the blissful thing about the River House: after a terrorizing event, you can go sit on the lawn and take the breeze on your toes and everything is better.

But this time, I won't move to Madison, Wisconsin, afterward.

(James took this photo of me demonstrating the flag system used for crossing streets in Wisconin. You take a flag out of a bucket on one side and wave it as you cross so traffic knows to stop and then put the flag in the bucket on the other side. Really.)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I have a hard time concentrating on work when I think about life at the River House. Sigh. I wish I was there now.

Alison said...

What/where is this River House of which you speak? You have so many beautiful, peaceful destinations in your vacation repertoire...