Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amber & Prices We Pay

Sometimes, we do things we know are bad for us. Like: We have that second shot of Sambucca to toast our eternal friendship with our college friend, even though we had four tequilas earlier and only weigh 102 lbs. And we pay the price later, perhaps in the form of a black eye or a wicked hang over.

I am living on the edge today. Used to be that my Distinguishing Characteristic Property was red lipstick. But then, Kevin pointed out that my lipstick was on a list of those that had lead in them. And, I decided that I had already lost enough brain cells during my summer as a lab assistant at Technical Coatings. I now only wear the lipstick on special or business occasions. Except for today.

You see, my nose skin is all blotchy and horrible from using the pump shower soap at the Y after swimming instead of my very expensive face soap. (I am sensitive; I cried over CRD's post yesterday.) You can't tell in the photo above because Photobooth nicely porcelainifies my skin. But, I thought that red lips would help distract from the red around my nose.

I'm not sure if it's working-- maybe because I am, right now, losing brain cells that would help me decide if it is working.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

It seems that you have lost a critical amount of memory brains cells if you think that you you toasted with only a "second" shot of Sambuca. I would place the number at more like five or six.

Granted, it was seventeen years ago, and memories do fade.

Alison said...

A wee bit of lead poisoning is a small price to pay for perfect red lips! I would be more concerned that it's something in the makeup that makes the MAC girls so bitchy...be careful, Amber! Don't lose your sunny personality!

ALH said...

I sure have you fooled, Alison. I lost the sunniness to the lead YEARS ago.

Alison said...

Well, then you also have some amazing acting skills, so maybe real sunniness isn't needed :)