Monday, November 30, 2009

Amber & Handmade

Over the weekend, I made this scarf to celebrate the cold weather in Boston.  It's made with Cascade Yarns 100% Peruvian Highland Wool, using a garter rib stitch.  It was my first venture into a bulky yarn with a needle above a size 10.  I found it fast and easy, and it only sort of felt like cheating.


It has been pointed out that I forgot to smize in this photo.  That is because, for some unknown reason, I am incredibly dizzy today.  Like when you drink way too much and have to lie down on the bathroom floor after Margaritas with your boss from the music theater licensing place at a Mexican restaurant at your first job after college?  And then you swear off tequila? Only, I am not drunk.  It could be sinus congestion, or it could be an ear thing.  I am waiting for the doctor to call me back.  I really need the room to stop spinning.

3 comments:

CRD said...

You look a little wall-eyed in this too, like a shark, or that girl from American Beauty. Huh. Maybe that's why you're dizzy. You're not used to a 360 degree view.

Alison said...

I hope you get Kevin's permission for all these times you take his picture. Didn't you learn anything from your sexual harassment training?

Unknown said...

Here is the perfect thing to go with your handmade scarf.

http://shop.simplebits.com/product/ampersandwich-tee