Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Amber & Breaking News

I am taking a moment out from my anti-antibiotic biological reactions to bring you this hot news item. Although I don't really care so much about all the controversy at that award show, it did lead me to do some research and discover this great song by Beyoncé called "If You Like My Hand Then You Should Have Put A Ring On It."

Now, I know. I know. You got the criticism; I am aware of it. But those are some awesome dance moves and that is one physically fit lady. And she has a robotic hand thing!
I totally want one of those. Heck, I already wear leotards all the time to amortize the cost of the dance equipment I bought for that tap class in Wisconsin and because I like to pretend I am Ruby Keeler while making Excel workbooks.

After I saw the video and compared favorite dance moves with CRD, he pointed out THAT was what that whole SNL skit with Paul Rudd, Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg and that chubby guy in leotards was all about. Who knew?

And then Nick was all, "Did you know it's an hommage to that Bob Fosse choreographed Gwen Verdon dance number called 'Mexican Breakfast?'" Apparently, really recently (2007) someone dubbed a contemporary song over the original score and dance fun ensued. Here is the current song with those original dance moves.



Remember folks: you learned all about it here on Amber & first.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Yes, the dance moves are impressive. I hope her hip joints don't give out soon. I expect you to perform this for the office when you're out here.

And now that you've brought this song up, I have to point you to this, just because it warms my cold black heart - http://tr.im/yPAf

ALH said...

How did those people have time to make and post that video? I just discovered this song YESTERDAY!

Amy said...

I turn to you for all my breaking pop culture news.

Alison said...

It may possibly be that you are just a wee bit behind the times, Ms. Hewins. But don't quote me on that.

ALH said...

Blasphemy. People count on Amber & for breaking cultural news. Like the time I discovered Camper brand shoes in London, only to find out we had a store in SoHo as well.