Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Amber & Long Weekends

As regular Amber & readers may have noticed as they watched the kitty with eyebrows video for the fourth day in a row, I took a little break from blogging. I've been feeling a little under the weather, although the weather has been quite late summer pleasant of late.

On Friday, I had some sun-damaged skin removed from my face. Back in the day, Grandma Louise and I would lay out, slathered in baby oil and try to get a "good burn" which we felt would not only fade into a tan, but got rid of all that dead skin on our outsides.


Only, it was actually doing damage to our inside skins, too. Anway, I am now all bandaged on my face.
And, I am on an antibiotic to facilitate healing which makes my tummy feel unwell. And, I have a skin cream which makes me hyper-sun-sensitive. At least I have to cover up so much when I go out that you can't even see the Hello Kitty bandaids.
I blame it all on Esther Williams.

4 comments:

CRD said...

I LOVE ESTHER WILLIAMS!

Alison said...

Amber, if we lived slightly closer than 3000 miles apart, I would totally bring you....umm...whatever it is you can eat.

Tomato sauce and chocolate? :)

ALH said...

I can't believe no one commented on the bathing cats.

Tonight, I had tortillas with peanut butter and a peach. And then I sat on the bathroom floor for an hour.

P.S. It is ALL Esther Williams's fault.

Alison said...

Amber, no one commented on the bathing cats because...it's you. We expect bathing cats. They don't faze us.

You sat on the bathroom floor? You mean...to paint your toenails? :( Sorry, hope you're feeling better.