Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amber & Art Imitating My Life


If I was as fancy as CRD and knew how to post clips from programs, this would be a better post. The thing is that I am Liz Lemon. Jimmy reminded me that when he was writing his 30 Rock script, he pictured me as Liz Lemon, and based the story on something that happened to me in real life. And, of course, there is Shane's compliment as previously discussed.

Well. In last week's epsiode of 30 Rock, Liz Lemon reveals herself to be a gorilla enthusiast. From the IMDB synopsis...
Liz tearfully retorts that she didnt expect to end up here either "I had dreams, I was going to live with the gorillas!" And stalks out.... In the prop room Liz is reading a book called "More Human Than We" when Jack enters and startles her. She says that she was just reading about gorilla researchers for a sketch for the show: "we're making fun of them for devoting their lives to the jungle and its noble inhabitants."

Liz Lemon loves gorillas, too! I totally stalk out all the time! I read about gorillas, too!

I think Tina Fey read my blog and is sending me a message. Maybe she based the character of Liz Lemon on me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught up on The Adventures of Liz Lemon last night, and when she started talking about gorillas, well, I would of fallen over had I not been lying down at the time!

Maybe you could make some cash money selling stories from your life to NBC?

ALH said...

I think, based on this episode, that we have seen that I cannot make cash money selling stories from my life to NBC. They just read my blog and use the stories they want without any compensation for me. Pfui.