Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Amber & Veterinary Medicine



I often contemplate whether or not I should have become a vet. In the pro column is that I love animals, was good at science, and am not grossed out by animal poop. In the minus column is that it breaks my heart to see sickie animals and that it is very expensive to go back to school at this point in my life.



We are trying a new vet this afternoon to talk about next steps in Woody's care and to get more pain meds. I hope this vet wanted to be a vet as much as I sometimes think I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the neighborhood vet no good? It's so important to have someone you trust. All good kitty thoughts for Woody. Little guy.

ALH said...

The vet was great! She stressed that is more likely than not that he will heal on his own. And, of course, she was incredibly taken with how handsome Woody is. He's such a ladies' boy.

Anonymous said...

you would have made a wonderful vet! you care and concern would have you made that much better. It is very hard to see sick animals... :( it breaks my heart