Monday, April 14, 2008

Amber & Stifle Injuries

Poor Woody. The good news is that he does not have a fracture. The bad news is that his injury is consistent with a cruciate tear which means, in lay terms, that he tore a ligament in his knee. The non-medical term for this is boo boo knee.

We're going to try medical management first (pain management and putting him in a crate when I'm not there to make sure he doesn't jump or leap and further injure himself) for two weeks and see how he heals on his own. If he's not improved, we'll need to investigate surgery.

I'm going to choose and take him to a neighborhood vet today or tomorrow (I really wish we were closer to Schaubhut since I trust him implicitly) to get more pain meds and make sure he's doing okay. The poor baby is in a tiny crate today, but tomorrow a bigger one will arrive. It makes me feel sad inside to know the baby is in pain and confined to such a tiny area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Woody! Poor Amber kittymama. I'm so sorry to hear, but glad he's home -- and I know you've got good tough kitties for sure. Lots of nice pets and kisses for Mr. W.