Monday, April 7, 2008

Amber & WTF, MTA?

(photo by Jimmy)

What on earth happened to the subway while I was away?  Did the loss of my $2 per trip mean a serious budgetary setback for repairs and now that I am back and on the $81 monthly pass they've started up again with gusto?

For several weekends now, perhaps since I moved back, the A doesn't travel above 168th Street on the weekends.  I live on 175th.  There are, of course, free shuttle buses which make the train stops for the rest of the route to 207th, but all of the people on a train don't seem to fit exactly onto a bus.  At least not comfortably.

Yesterday, I went to hang out with Amy, David and Hazel and discovered that it's not just the A.  On the way there, we discovered that the F stands for "WTF" in Brooklyn on the weekends.  Amy said that she felt like they were frogs in a pot who had been slowly brought to a boil and I was shocked by the lack of weekend service, horrible communication and inconsistency of messaging because I had just been thrown in the pot after it came to a boil.

WTF, MTA?  I am not a frog soup.

3 comments:

CRD said...

I remember that N/R stood for "Never [and] Rarely." What do the others stand for? A, C, E or J, M, Z?

WTF, Acronyms?

Anonymous said...

Clearly Post-Soviet Anarchy.

ALH said...

A = Ain't running
C = Cancelled on weekends
E = Eventually
J = Jaysoos, that was a long wait
M = Maybe, maybe not
Z = zzzz (the sound you make while waiting for it)