Saturday, March 20, 2010

Amber & Places I Remember

I'm on a bench in Fort Tryon Park. In college, Jimmy and I came here
once and found our T.A.'s making out on a blanket. I also came here
once, a couple years later, with Kevin and we ate fried chicken. Back
in thise days, it seemed horribly far away and exotic.
Now that I live uptown, I come here all the time. I was here just a
short time ago with Nick, Matthew and Shelley after dim sum, and now
it's my favorite place to read detective novels and soak up spring.

4 comments:

Amy said...

David proposed to me at Fort Tryon Park. He picked a perfect bench with a pretty view of the Hudson and the cliffs of NJ. Then we had a picnic with fried chicken! It was May 10, 2006 and I was 6 mos. pregnant with H. It's a wonderful place and I'm glad you have it near.

Kevin said...

I remember that we went to Ft. Tryon because Rhinebeck was too hard to get to.

Ft. Tryon and the Cloisters is still one of my most favorite places in all of New York. Rhinebeck, I can take or leave.

CRD said...

I like Rhinebeck, but I like the Cloisters more. That's where in Summer 1997 I sat outside and read Anna Karenina. Poor girl. Choo Choo!!!

Kevin said...

You must have sat there for a long, long time, CRD! That is a fat book. I hope you brought a whole bucket full of fried chicken with you.