Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amber & Last Week's Brain Fails Are Tomorrow's New Friends

Remember when I learned that I should listen to everything CRD says very very closely because he speaks infinite volumes of wisdom... at least pertaining to DANGER?

Meet Roger.

Roger arrived yesterday in a tube along with a poster about NEW YORK BREASTFEEDING that I had to try to hang on the office wall near the fax machine.  (It's hard to hang stuff on the wall when you are not tall.)  He came with a letter of introduction. It says...
Hello!
I am your new friend Roger. Roger for "roger that, CRD; this pan is hot!"  Please use me as a cute reminder that your pan handle is hot.  As a baby potholder, I can't stand up to hard core use, but I hope to someday grown into a whale of a hot pad.
Glub, glub,
Roger
I used Roger last night, seen above helping to steam edamame during Awesome Club.  Roger's chances of survival to adult potholderhood were put in jeopardy last night when he met Zach the kitty potholder.


But things came out okay, including the edamame, and I no longer have to pay any attention to CRD.

Thanks, Roger!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Your life is fascinating.

I like edamame!

CRD said...

If you loooooooooover Roger so much why don't you marry him? Then you NEVER have to listen to what I say.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Roger has a fantastic new home. Where NY style breastfeeding would be handled appropriately and as according to law if encountered.

ALH said...

What did you say, CRD? I wasn't listening to you.