Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amber & Danger!

When you are cooking a steak for Awesome Club and CRD tells you to watch out because the handle of the cast iron skillet is very hot (since Alton Brown told you to heat it up in the oven first), you should really pay attention.  Or else.


Just like when the horrible studio head tells you that bad things will happen if you don't sign the contract, you'd better sign it.  But then bad things will probably happen anyway.  PSYCHO-ANALYSIS.

Especially if you are a big-mouthed, not very bright aspiring starlet played by Miss Shelley Winters.



I love Robert Aldrich.  He could Kiss Me Deadly any time.  PSYCHO-ANALYSIS.

Also, did you know you aren't supposed to ice burns?

6 comments:

CRD said...

You left out the part with the Smooches. Unfortunate Mishap, indeed.

Alison said...

Poor fingers!

Kevin said...

I wish I had lived in the era when people routinely got rub downs with alcohol. Seems bracing.

ALH said...

I did not smooch you, CRD! I pushed my face up against you because the searing pain was so overwhelming that I couldn't speak and needed to get your attention, but you were also so close and I couldn't move.

And, Alison, it's sort of poor brain, right? For not absorbing the info from CRD.

And, Kevin, the real thing is that we should all have a short Greek gentleman who lives with us, fixes us baths, and rubs us down with alcohol. I want a Nick. Vaaa-vrroooom!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! It says no ointment but Preparation H works wonders on burns. Just an old family secret from the pasty white peeps.

CRD said...

All I knows is, there was no one kissing my bare shoulder and then all of a sudden there was someone kissing my bare shoulder. I will never again wear a Tank Top to Awesome Club. And I will invest in a few more pairs of Zach oven mitts.