Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Amber & Tomanoocheese

Today is the kind of day where you just need alot of comfort stuff: it's cold and gray outside, and there seems to just be alot of stress in the air.   This might be the kind of day for which Jesus Air Spray was created.  But it is definitely the kind of day for which Grandma Louise invented Tomanoocheese.


Tomanoocheese is Campbell's Tomato Soup, any kind of noodle (by which I mean pasta), and melty molten chunks of orange cheddar cheese.  (See how clever I was at naming things when I was six?  Get it?  Toma-noo-cheese!)  And to me and my belly, it is THE comfort food.

Also, my belly is trying out a new kind of comfort today, the belly band.  These devices, available for sale on my BFF Etsy, are circular strips of stretchy fabric you wear around your middle under a shirt and over the top of your pants.  They are originally intended for pregnant ladies to help keep their bellies covered and warm when the babies inside make them expand and their shirts rise up.  Only, I figured they could offer the same service for non-pregnant ladies with bellies that expand, well, because of Tomanoocheese.

I got mine in purple, and I happen to be wearing a purple shirt, so it might be kind of hard to see in the photo.  But, I can assure you that it's great.  It's like a belly cozy.  Take that, too-low-riding-pants matched with too-short-shirts!

And take that and that, cold gray sad day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent naming skills.

We used to eat something called a Cheese Nifty for comfort days: piece of toast, preferably sourdough, with a piece of cheddar on top and sprinkled with salt, popped in the oven until melty and delicious.