Monday, April 4, 2011

Amber & More Buddies from the Past

There's been alot of remembering lately.  Maybe right before spring comes, when new flowers spring up and baby animals meet the world for the first time, it's appropriate to look back and be thankful for the great friends we have known?

Today marks nine years since we last snuggled with Lucie, the biggest, crankiest, softest buddy we ever had.


Lucie was special, and he filled the four years we knew him with joy and surprise in much the same way he filled the bath tub.


I see alot of Lucie in Ginger, both in the softness of those spots behind his ears and in his unfathomable mystery.  (Why did Lucie always need to lay right in the walkway to the kitchen?  Why does Ginger lick my head at 3 am?) And, of course, they are both a little "fluffier" than may be ideal for their size.

And yesterday was the birthday of Kevin's Grandpa, Val.


Val was a dapper, smart and wholly charming gentleman that I am proud to have met. I see alot of Val in Kevin: that amazing hair that sort of stands up in the front, the quiet, reflective manner, and the love of pickled herring.

I am so thankful for the chance to have known these great souls and to have had them enrich my life. I am thankful for the happy memories they've given me.

3 comments:

CRD said...

This here is a very sweet post.

Kevin said...

I loved them all.

You are too good, Amber.

Amy said...

What a beautiful post. I remember Boy Lucie even back when he was a girl.