Friday, October 3, 2008

Amber & Una Loca de Gatos

Yesterday, I adopted two fourteen-week old baby boy kittens, Ginger & Pickles.


I know, I know. Four cats for the next ten years. Insane. No one will marry me. I'll have to clean obsessively or I will start to stink, lugging litter up the stairs, etc. Believe me, I know. But? It makes me and my first chakra happy. And these little babies I got from New York Pet-I-Care needed love and a home, and I can give both. And Dr. Schaubhut thinks that adding these buddies to the household will make, eventually, for a happier, less stressy dynamic.

So far, the introduction to Woody and Tiggy is going along well enough. Surprisingly, Woody is more of a noise-maker about the kittens than his sister. The kittens are fearless and scamper about everywhere, coming up to sniff the adults and then scampering away. There's hissing and some swatting, but nothing really major. My biggest concern is that Woody spent a big amount of time on the kitten counter yesterday, just trying to stay out of the whole thing. The kittens are locked in the bathroom for the day, but I hope tonight, when they come out, some more time will remind Woody and Ms. Winkle that they, too, were kittens once.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady told me they were 10 weeks old. Had them for 6 weeks. Got them 4 weeks ago.

ALH said...

Schaubhut said birf is June 25. That would make them 14 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I defer to Schaubhut.

ALH said...

I was suspicious because they seem so SMALL. They're really like air when you pick them up. Fuzzy, purry, warm air.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber! Congrats. This is really exciting news. Welcome to the family new baby kittehs.

Anonymous said...

YIPEE! God bless the Amber cats!