Thursday, October 16, 2008

Amber & Feats of Bravery

Last weekend, I got a blast from the past, superfun visitor in the present, and an exciting plan for the future.

Terri Beth braved New York's crowds and the five flights of stairs to my apartment (seven if you count the outside steps) and came to visit in order to help me with the goal I set last year. She is great. We had a super nice time. It turns out, even after 24 years of friendship (!), we still have lots in common including our love of chocolate, a favorite pastime of programs, and the realization that kittens are absolutely insane.

Pickles ate the cord to my camera, so I can't actually show you Terri Beth. But I can show you the damage that Ginger did to Terri's laptop. We came home to find he had rotated the screen to portrait (notice the text is sideways?) so that Terri had to hold it like a book to read it. (Luckily, CRD is a Vista Genius.)


We ended our adventure by battling a roach in Next Door. It was running along the back of the bench toward a jaded New York patron who, although aware of it, thought she could stare it down. Terri squashed it quickly and then, when unsure of what to do with the squished corpse, turned to me for advice. I advised her to "leave it, leave it!" She did, but unfortunately the only place to do so was right in plain sight. I wont be eating there again anytime soon, but boy did we have a laugh afterward.

Good times!

3 comments:

TBL said...

That is why it is called a "notebook" computer. hee.

It was a VERY fun time. :)
Miss you.

Anonymous said...

That roach story reminded me of what the pervy-perv was playing with Terri's hair during House Party II. Terri makes friends everywhere she goes. Maybe the pervy-perv died years ago, then was reincarnated as the roach. Ironical.

Unknown said...

Hiya, Jimmi. It's funny you should mention that: when I got home my sister asked me if anyone had rubbed my head while I was away. Ha. THE HORROR.