Thursday, October 9, 2008

Amber & the Craft of Dining

Last night we had a swell Birthday Fancy Feast to celebrate the wiggly, baby arrivals of Kevin and CRD into the world. We went to Craft for simple, well-prepared foods. Deliciousness, delight, and fun were had by all.

Although this guy from New York magazine wasn't floored by Craft, I was very impressed. There was some initial disappointment over dessert when Kevin discovered that the Lemon Beignets with Lemon Curd & Vanilla Ice Cream weren't on the menu (Kevin loves Lemon, but not Liz) and Diana and I were told that there were no pumpkin fritters left. (CRD was only disappointed when I accidentally made a pass at him.) But, the pastry chef, our hero, brought us out a delightful assortment of other goodies. And we got take-home biscotti which I am about to eat with my Webster Cafe coffee.

Thanks for being born, fellas. It sure tastes good to have you in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was born, if only because it meant that I could have such a nice dinner.

CRD said...

Birthday Fancy Feast is Awesome.

I only wish I had some candid photos that I could have posted herein.