Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amber & Awesome Club

CRD flew into town yesterday for Awesome Club. I wore my smoking bird shirt in his honor. We went out to brunch at Tonic and had bloody marys with bacon. CRD loves bacon!

CRD drew an alligator on the tabletop. He sure loves alligators!

I drew this abstract art which represented how I felt at the time.



Then, we went to the zoo and saw lions, tigers, orang utans, gorillas and a host of small mammals and reptiles. Then, we watched programs and ate chips and salsa, rocky road ice cream and mac & cheese. CRD topped off his night with an apple cider, but I prefer not to eat so close to bedtime.

This morning, I got up and went to apprentice at the zoo, and, about two hours later, CRD left to fly back to NYC. It was Awesome and a Club. I love Awesome Club.

And now I am going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is "red and white for dessert" that Chris mentioned? It does indeed sound like an awesome club.

ALH said...

Red and White is when you have a red sorbet, like raspberry, and then vanilla ice cream and you serve a little of each in a bowl. It's yummy AND red and white.