Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Amber & Pickle Present

Last night, I got a pickle surprise in the mail from Kevin & Diana! And not just pickle-- pickles from The Pickle Guys which are the best pickles in the world. With the beautiful farm share greens I got yesterday, my fridge is super happy.

From left to right, there are pickled grape tomatoes, mixed veggie pickles (cauliflower, carrots, peppers, celery), hot half sours (spicy!), and full sours (which you'll notice are already opened). Diana sent me a Ganesha card, her favorite diety who she explains is "the remover of obstacles; the one who cheerily opens the door to new beginnings."


I'm so thankful to have friends like Kevin and Diana. And to have such an abundance of pickles!

(Diana and Kevin photos by James Felder)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I look so bored in that picture? I recall that was a fun Old Town dinner.

ALH said...

You don't look bored; you look relaxed. Like the kind of relaxation that only comes when you've eaten a turkey reuben with fries at Old Town. Plus, Jimmy has that special skill of capturing people when they look most goony.

Anonymous said...

Not fries: onion rings! That must have been it. It was the onion rings that made me look so "relaxed."

ALH said...

Oh yes. That's totally the sedation associated with onion rings. I had such onion ring envy.

Anonymous said...

I have a question re. the pickles. What is the size represented here? Thank you in advance for your assistance with my holiday gift buying.

ALH said...

I am 98% certain that this is the one quart size. I will note now that all that remains is 1/4 the pickled veggies. I enthusiastically endorse these as a gift idea.