Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Amber & Danger! in the Kitchen

I nearly burned down the house last night, but Tiggy saved us all. I had put the kettle on for tea, but, unbeknownst to me, the whistler part had stopped working. Without the tell-tale whistle, I completely forgot about my tea making. Luckily, Tiggy found the two foot high flames and the smell of the burning plastic handle unpleasant and stood in the hallway outside the kitchen howling. I got up to see what she wanted and ended up swatting out flames with a hand towel. It would have made for better blogging if I had grabbed the camera first.

Only minutes earlier, it sat next to a happy pan of mac & cheese.
Sad little melted teapot.



Good little safety Tiggy.

7 comments:

CRD said...

Danger!

Anonymous said...

Holy Jesus. I'm glad that cat saved the day.

It wasn't a nice kettle anyway.

ALH said...

Harriet gave me that kettle when I moved into LaSalle Street. It wasn't very safe. The handle got really really hot (not as hot as the flames of last night, though).

Unknown said...

The M&C looks tres yummy!

ALH said...

Thank you, Amy! It's a recipe from a Mac & Cheese cookbook that Chris gave me some time ago. It's "Greek Mac & Cheese" as it has feta and yogurt and radicchio and olives and tomatoes and herbs.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Harriet!

ALH said...

Harriet, hats off to you if you're combing the comments on my page!