Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Amber & Jaws


I confess: I have never seen the terrifying motion picture from the terrifying no. 1 best seller Jaws. I know the basic plot: big hungry shark, Richard Dreyfuss on a boat, somebody gets eaten, he needs a bigger boat, battle! Probably Richard Dreyfuss wins, or maybe he makes peace with the shark and it goes out to sea never to been seen again (until the sequel(s)). Right?

I tend to shy away from animals-gone-awry films, like the one where the sharks get super smart, or the one with Crispin Glover and all the big mice, or the one with the rabid dog. But today, I sort of regret not having seen Jaws-- I might have learned something that I could now apply to the horrific discomfort I am in on account of TMJ.




Apparently, I clench and grind in my sleep. My doctor gave me muscle relaxants to lessen the tension in the joint, but I ran out on Saturday. I woke up this morning and couldn't open my mouth more than a wee bit. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon, but in the meantime, Tiggy and I will be eating soft foods and doing our exercises to loosen the joint.


Photo by James

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice of Tiggy to assist you in this manner. Perhaps a turkey and cranberry sauce smoothie would work well? I kid. I'm hopeful that this diagnosis will lead to some real, lasting relief for you. Good grief with one thing and another. In other, but related news -- with help from youtube I have finally mastered the neti pot and I LOVE IT. Also, you, I love you as well.

Anonymous said...

It is Friday, and I am in Chicago. Obama is here too.

Unknown said...

DUDE. When you come visit me, WE ARE WATCHING JAWS.