Saturday, November 29, 2008

Amber & Himalayan Trekking


I've never had the urge to climb Mount Everest. If I had ever thought about it, surely any lingering curiosity was banished by reading that Into Thin Air book. Trekking in the sub-alpine zone always seemed nice, but there are so many other places I would rather go-- many of which are closer to home-- that it never became a fervent wish.

Until I learned about Himalayan Cats.

Himalayans are a flat-faced, sometimes flame-pointed, long-haired cat-- basically a puffy Woody. Can you imagine hiking through the sparse country-side in the shadows of the Hindu Kush and being surrounded by a flurry of extra-furry Woodies?

I am going to start saving my pennies! Tibetan plateau, here I come!

2 comments:

CRD said...

You should really try blow-drying Woody. Maybe you can recreate this, without the trekking.

ALH said...

I'll have to develop a six-hair plan for Woody to grow out to this intense puffiness. Can you imagine how furry my wool pants will be?