Monday, December 1, 2008

Amber & Kitty Profiles: Chog

One of the best and most modern things about blogging is that your readership is very involved-- much more so, I would think, than the readers of a novel, or a television program. Readers leave comments (although I do like to comment to CRD during programs) and, when I'm very lucky, send suggestions for compelling content.

A reader sent a submission for Kitty of the Week recently, but, sadly, we did away with that feature and instead have Tiggy of the Wink, a special corner dedicated to Tiggy Winkle and her infinite cute features. Instead, I have decided to prominently feature the kitty as Primary Content.

Meet Chog.


Chog is a rescue kitty with a troubled past who now has a warm, safe, and loving home with Anne. Chog is a long-haried blue Persian with a short muzzle and gorgeous fluffiness. Chog gets very expensive haircuts to keep her looking her best and to prevent hairballs.

Chog likes laying on the couch, being loved, and eating food. Chog does not like getting medicine or getting expensive haircuts. Chog has health needs, much like some other cats hereon blogged about.

I wish I knew more about Chog. Perhaps her owner will leave a comment and fill us in on the details.

Chog is certainly the fluffiest cat I know.

2 comments:

CRD said...

I love Chog! We love all the same things: laying on the couch, being loved, and eating food! AND, I also get expensive haircuts!

annek said...

Since you asked! Chog, also known as 'Choge' with an accent ague on the 'e' (for when she's fluffy), is unfortunately from an abusive home (previously, not me!). So, she refuses to let me brush her without going into Exorcist mode (like Linda B in the head twisting scene, complete with crazy yowling and eyeball rolling). No variant of brush or comb has pleased her. So, that's why the expensive haircuts, requiring anesthesia. She starts choking on all the lovely fur after a while (since she gets no grooming other than finger grooming) and gets to a point where she can't eat or drink without choking.

I hired a 'cat whisperer' to give grooming a professional try, but she got the Exorcist Chog too + a terror pee. So....

However, in between, she's pretty happy and full of Turkey Cheese every day. Favorite hobbies: sneezing in my face, catching flies (she's good at that), eating flies.