Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Amber & Culture


On Saturday, I went with Matthew, Michael, Nick, and Shelley to consume some culture in the form of The Garden of Earthly Delights at the Minetta Lane Theatre. It's a dance performance piece inspired by the Hieronymus Bosch triptych of the title name. I was familiar with the painting from the art history classes I took with Jerry Ghiraldi (at least the ones I didn't sleep through) and really enjoyed the show. I especially liked all the flying and the use of branches.

Shelley pointed out the piece was a little cold and failed to provoke any emotional response, which is a good point. But, did I mention that there was flying? And that they wore sheer, flesh-colored leotards? Oh, and there was simulated pooping of whole potatoes. I love theater!

1 comment:

CRD said...

Hee hee. "Culture."

I like the boy nudity parts.