Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Amber & Sisterhood of the Traveling Pains

So, remember how I was told that my four-week headache was actually caused by my jaw? And then I went to see the dentist and she sent me to a place that doesn't take insurance and, according to the wife of a fellow gardener, costs no less than $3,500 per visit? And so, remember how I didn't go to that place, but instead went for a massage and made an appointment for an Alexander Technique lesson this coming Friday?



Well, somewhere in there, I made a bad decision. I woke up this morning, and, despite the tons of Ben-Gay and heating pad and hot baths, the left side of my neck, my shoulder and the top of my arm are Level Four Ouchy. I am going to see my primary care doctor again today to ask "WTF, man?" But, maybe my shoulder is unrelated to my jaw? Maybe it's actually just repetitive stress syndrome from opening a door in the freezing cold for 17,000 visitors all weekend?

Ouch. I am broken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great place to learn more about the Alexander Technique is their website at http://alexandertechnique.com