Monday, December 8, 2008

Amber & Nina Foch, Sophisticated & RIP

CRD normally covers the latest grande celebrity deaths, but today he's all caught up in life with the birth of my new god son. But, he did have a moment to point me to this NY Times article, "Nina Foch, Actress in Sophisticated Roles, Dies at 84."




I had never heard of Nina Foch and would not really have mourned her passing, but just last night CRD & I watched her in a sophisticated guest starring role on the sophisticated program Murder, She Wrote. In the uncharacteristically dark episode, "Tainted Lady," she played a grumpy resident of down-and-out Dry Well, CA, who was recently widowed. She did a bang up job, especially in her scene with the Sheriff, rambling about cleaning out her closet. I respect her acting and she will surely be missed. And, next time I watch An American in Paris, I will try to notice her.

1 comment:

CRD said...

You have done an excellent and sophisticated job of covering this break news. Brava.