Monday, June 29, 2009

Amber & Pride

This past weekend made me Proud-- not just of the diversity of people and their mating habits, but also of James and his bagpiping.


You may remember that, earlier this year, James won 2nd place in a Grade IV Piobaireachd competition. Well, he's done it again! As James explains...
"Did I tell you I won medal this weekend?

"I got 3rd in Piobreachd and 5th in March. Last time I got a silver for Piob and nothing for March because the drone shutoff, but this was better playing overall. I also found the judge's feedback more helpful. I've had the same judge for March both times -- the guy who was the original NYU instructor. I hope I keep having him, so if I get gold by summer's end (a big if) then he'd be there for it all."

Congratulations, Jimmy! I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the photo of James in front of the wall.