Sunday, June 21, 2009

Amber & Friends New and Old

While doing my aforementioned laundry at Splashing Laundromat, my old friend TMJ headache returned from his brief trip elsewhere. He was pretty mild, and has since departed again with a little help from my other old friend prescription-strength anti-inflammatory.

But, while I was out on the sidewalk, seeking quiet from the very loud music in Splashing, I felt a little paw gently patting the top of my flipflopped foot.


It was this guy!Here is what I know about my new friend, who I call Mopsy. He is smaller than Woody, but his head seems a little bigger than Ginger's. His teeth, which he very gently let me examine, seem very young. He hasn't been neutered. His eyes look healthy, and he's not too skinny which makes me think maybe he lives at one of the business next to Splashing like the coffee shop that is never open or the beauty parlor which is always crowded but no one ever seems to be getting their hair done.

I asked a variety of people if he was their gato, but everyone told me that he just lives on the street. Or maybe they said he lives on that street, like in one of the shops? My Spanish isn't so good for those subtle distinctions.

He has pretty yellow eyes, and a pink nose, and these cute little white "milk drops" on his face.

When I was done with my laundry, he started to follow me home, but wouldn't go beyond the travel agency shop door. That made me hopeful that he did have a home and was afraid to stray too far. It's true that I make friends with alot of neighborhood animals, and that often they are orange tabbies (remember Penny, my Madison neighbor cat?), but this guy seemed really special and extra friendly. I am torn between wanting to see new friend again next laundry day and hoping that he is kept indoors with his owners henceforth. My old friend, Mr. Headache, can stay away.

2 comments:

CRD said...

I like this small friend. Let's see if he will walk all the way down 9th.

ALH said...

I thought of just sticking him in my laundry bag and bringing him to Awesome Club with the kolhrabi tomorrow, but then I thought he would get my new clean sheets all furry.