Monday, June 15, 2009

Amber & Sewing

I abandoned the old Craft In Progress. It was a crocheted sweater using a really thick, fuzzy yarn. I just couldn't see the difference between the stitches well enough. I never really got enough done (well) to update the project status from "About six inches!"

So, this weekend, I got back in the sewing habit. I did some work on some long overdue craft gifts, but realized that I lost the challenging faces for the project. I need to buy some toner and print them out again (since I can't cut a circle even with a pattern) but then I should be able to wrap them up pretty quickly. Just in time for Christmas!

In the meantime, I started a new garment!


I've shortened the dress in the photo on the pack to be a blouse and am using a Michael Miller fabric called "Pod Vine" in avocado. I had washed and pressed the fabric ages ago. So far, I've cut the pieces and basted them together. Tomorrow I have Awesome Club, so I don't expect to make much progress until Wednesday when I plan to put all the pieces together.

Maybe I can wear it to First CSA Pick Up this week!

Or, maybe it will never get finished and just become a cat environment.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Pickles casts a vote for Cat Environment.

I like the fabric :) I will cheer you on to finish the project!

ALH said...

Pickles also votes for eating the glass-end stick pins. What is it with cats and eating sewing notions that are bad for them? Many years back, Tiggy attacked the machine and ran off with and then ate about six feet of metallic silver thread and nearly died. Luckily, she now exhibits an aversion to the sound of the machine.

Alison said...

I think cats just like eating Small Things. My cat tries to eat twist-ties and puzzle pieces.

Six feet of thread is almost impressive, if it wasn't frightening because of the almost-dying part. I have to ask this, as immature as it is...was there Poop-on-a-Silver-Rope?

ALH said...

There sure was. For weeks and weeks afterward. I had to keep a pair of scissors next to the box. Eventually, she was trained so that she would get out of the box and mew for me to come and cut her free. She did that for a couple of months even after the thread had passed. She still does it sometimes, and she stopped burying her poop around that time as well.

Alison said...

OMG. That is....I'm very sorry, but that's hilarious. The things we do for our cats :)