Saturday, June 27, 2009

Amber & Shane

I had a really fun last night having cocktails with Kevin, Diana, and Shane.

Long-time readers may remember celebrating Shane's birthday last year. Shane lives in Indiana now, but beyond that we figured out that we hadn't seen each other since prior to Our Nation's Tragedy. Is it ironic that we see each other again after the world suffers another Great Dual Loss? I don't think so.

We started the evening at the North Square lounge where I had mint juleps and Shane resisted the urge to get the beer and cheese tasting flight. Then, we went margaritas and tacos at La Palapa. Shane again was full of resistance as bucked Mexican tradition and got Prosecco (and started a fad at the table next to us.) We ended the evening with a delightful round at the bar at Eleven Madison Park. Shane got a beautiful martini made table-side. Diana got a pisco sour with egg whites.

And Kevin got a really nice looking manhattan on the rock (one big solid rock in fact) and, a couple of times, mysteriously sang the words "Bonnie and Clyde." I took a photo of Kevin with his drink, but I can't seem to iFind it. He is here in this group shot taken outside La Palapa.

But I couldn't really tell you where.

Sigh. Good times.

2 comments:

CRD said...

This sounds like a lovely evening. I look forward to seeing Shane maybe next time he makes his annual Juneteenth visit to NYC. Also, I like Diana's new haircut.

Kevin said...

I have no recollection of the Bonnie and Clyde part of this account.