Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Amber & New Career Paths

I just signed up for ice skating lessons!  On Mondays at 7:00 pm, I'll be refreshing my on-ice skills and, I hope, developing new ones.


Now, I just need to get my mom to make me one of those outfits over the weekend.

When Kevin gets back from his doctor's appointment, I'll break the news to him so he can start finding my replacement.  Nick told me the shocking news that Ice Capades are out of business, but I think I will make a great Princess Jasmine.



Or, I could be the skating alligator, like in my second favorite ennui comedy.  (Wait for it.  It's in there.)

5 comments:

CRD said...

I saw that movie with you!

Alison said...

I hope you have fun but that you don't get so good you decide to quit and ice skate full time for mad ducats. We would miss you!

ALH said...

CRD: Yes, THIS is not the movie you slept through.

Alison, that's the whole point, isn't it? I mean, how hard could figure skating be? All I need is the costume.

Emma said...

I took skating lessons with a friend a few years ago and learned to skate backwards (!). She learned what it felt like to break your coccyx.

ALH said...

I don't understand, Emma. If you took lessons AND can skate backward, why haven't you quit your job and run off to join the Ice Capades?