Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Amber & Patty & Bun

You know I love ramen.  After acupuncture, I can't think of anything better to eat on a cold winter's night.

(Photos of ramen and Kirk by James)

Except maybe soba noodles.

But an hour and a half to two hours wait?  You've got to be absolutely insane to even suggest it.

Instead, I tried Patty & Bun which is conveniently located to the A train.  It gets mixed reviews at various foodie sites, but I thought it was a solid burger on a really interesting bun.  And, even though the waitress had never heard of a whiskey toddy, she did her best and it came out pretty well.  Of course, there weren't many other diners which made me concerned for the welfare of the establishment.

So maybe do me, my empty stomach on the commute home from downtown, and yourself a favor and try it out?  You know you LOVE burgers.  (Well, not you, Alison, but they did have a veggie burger which looked pretty good too.)

Of course, I am going to try to go for ramen next week.  Just before the tour bus unloads.


5 comments:

Emma said...

Mmmm....

How are you about udon? There is a great place in Japantown that I'll take you to for a slightly longer lunch next time you're out.

ALH said...

I LOOOOOVE udon. I am basically a fan of all noodles, and especially those of the Japanese variety. I will ask Kevin to book our next visit right NOW.

Alison said...

OMG I got mentioned in your blog. Life = complete.

Emma, which udon place? I bet I've been there!

CRD said...

I know that playlist! Nice.

Emma said...

Mifune - in the Kinokuniya building in Japantown. Soooo good.